DREAM role for an alcohol PR – working across Beer, Wine and Spirits at this massive retailer
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join one of the biggest FMCG retailers as a Consumer PR Manager, working to promote their extensive and award winning Beer, Wine and Spirits offering.
A FTSE 100 leader in the FMCG, Food & Drink and retail space, there have been a lot of recent “wins” for the brand – from a hugely successful Christmas season that saw them fight off competition from other retailers, to innovative initiatives like championing crack downs on waste and launching exclusive vegan/trendy health ranges to excite consumers, giving them the edge over the competition.
The company HQ has a fantastic vibe – with an on-site gym, heavily subsidised cafes, football and basketball court, with suppliers regularly setting up pop up food and drink stalls. The culture is extremely trusting and flexible – as long as you get your work done, there’s no clock watching giving you an incredible work life balanace on top of a great benefits package that ensures employee retention remains incredibly strong.
The Role – Consumer PR Manager [Beer, Wine & Spirits]
As the Consumer PR Manager, you’ll be joining a newly formed, creative and fast paced team! Working as the number two to the Head of Brand, you’ll have real opportunity to define how the brand does consumer PR, championing the newly formed division internally and externally.
You’ll be responsible for creating multi-layered communications strategy/consumer PR plans and award-winning PR activations for brand and trade campaigns; working within the business and external PR agencies to bring these ideas to life.
Key Responsibilities of the Consumer PR Manager:
- build a multi-layered BWS consumer PR plan, aligned to the strategy and UK Marketing Communications calendar to drive a compelling and cohesive brand message
- manage BWS consumer PR events and experiences to agreed budget and timings, at the same time as continually looking for ways to improve and innovate, offering journalists and customers something different and exciting each time
- generate coverage and editorial content across media publications, online and offline, which is in line with the BWS PR strategy and works alongside the marketing strategy
- manage the consumer BWS PR budget (in accordance with the forecast) and the agency relationship
- define and execute a clear and forward-thinking influencer strategy
- have a solid understanding of the digital channels
- Experienced gained either in house or agency side in the Beer, Wine and Spirits industry
- A strong network of influencers and media contacts in the Beer, Wine and Spirits industry
- Experience of managing large budgets and ideally agencies
- Experience of tracking tools and the ability to track and define KPIs
- Comfortable leading initiatives from early stages through to development and execution
- A salary of up to £58,000 depending on experience
- Annual bonus up to 3.5% of annual salary
- 10% discount off everything in store
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
For more information on this exciting opportunity please click "Apply Now" to discuss further